The quality of sleep determines your mood and how productive you become. While a mattress is essential, a bed frame is equally important to ensure a restful night. Wood platform bed frames, in particular, are needed to achieve this. That is why we shall be taking an in-depth look at the best beds for your home. But not just that, we shall also be touching on its pros and cons.
Five Wood Platform Bed for Your Home
Here are the top five platform bed bases for your home. They include:
1. Nectar Mattress Foundation
This product is recommended because of its high-quality construction and its affordable price. It consists of an upholstered frame made from natural spruce, solid pine, and other high-quality material. These parts of the mattress guarantee long-lasting use. It also features optional legs. Hence, you can choose between low clearance or none at all.
Still, this bed frame is easy to assemble and disassemble. You do not need tools nor experts to do the task, as you can do it yourself in mere minutes. With this, you can take it anywhere with you.
2. The Zinus Lottie Upholstered Square Stitched Platform Bed
This has a classic look and a strong build. It features a headboard, something lacking in most bed frames. All its parts (including wooden slats), and legs can fit snugly into a large pocket that’s behind it and be carried anywhere.
On top of that, it is available in wood platform bed frame queen, king, full, and twin sizes. Its king frame is fourteen inches off the floor. Hence, it has extra storage space, while the others sit at eight inches which is still a good storage space. It has square stitching suitable for bold and neutral space.
3. Reverie Adjustable Base
This mattress foundation is affordable but does not compromise on quality. This bed frame has three leg angles which are 3 inches, 5.25 inches, and 8.25 inches for adjustability. Also, it has a remote control that can elevate your feet, head, or both to a comfortable position.
In terms of look, it has a sleek foundation, with a gray upholstery which complements the slightly darker gray wood on the lower end of the legs and frame. Furthermore, the frame features a LED night light underneath the bed. You may not notice this until it's turned on though.
It gets better. The Reverie has ten intensities and four functions, which is an excellent massaging feature. The bed frame can charge your smartphones wirelessly. It can also charge the remote through its USB port. Users can also program their beds using the app. Best of all, it comes with a whopping 20-year warranty!
4. Floyd Platform Bed
This stylish-looking and modern bed frame allows for a lot of customization. It is made of natural wood in aesthetic finishes. Floyd features two wood types—walnut and birchwood. These can be combined with either black or white wood support. Hence, users have a variety of options to choose from.
Thanks to its modular design, users can adjust their mattress size without needing to buy a new frame. Floyd is perfect for storing linens, beddings, clothes, and so on. You can also choose to have an under-bed storage compartment or a headboard.
The bedwood is easy to move around and equally easy to assemble. This is owing to its lightweight. Also, its legs are made of powder-coated steel for stability and support. Besides, it comes with a 30-day free return policy and also a ten-year warranty.
5. Nomad Plus Platform Bed
This is a bed base that is compatible with heavyweight mattresses and is ideal for persons with heavy weight. It is made of 100% tulipwood and has slats positioned 2.8 inches apart. The nomad bed base is sturdy and will prevent your mattress from sagging. Also, its tulip construction gives it a natural touch of beauty that will transform any space.
The product produces a matching trundle bed and rolling drawers. This feature makes it one of the most versatile products on the market. Besides, Nomad comes with a 5-year warranty and free prime shipping for some types of customers.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Platform bed?
There are so many things to love about platform bed wood. However, they have some drawbacks too. Let’s take a look at the general strengths and weaknesses:
- Comfort: Sleep is an essential aspect of human existence, and a good one is even more important. Hence, selecting the best structure that will suit your lifestyle is crucial. Platform beds not only help you get quality night sleep, it also provides comfort too.
- Affordable Cost: Price is an important reason why many opt for bed frame. Since it doesn't feature box springs, the price is cut to a meager range, making it affordable for most people.
Moreover, it doesn't need an extra mattress for support and foundation, which further cuts down the price. Talk about budget-friendly! So, if you are on a tight budget and yet require a bed frame that doesn't compromise on quality, then you've got yourself a winner in platform bed.
- Various Design Options: This type of bed frame features different designs and approaches. It allows you to choose from its wide range of styles, ranging from minimalistic and sleek to creative and bold.
There are also Asian, traditional, modern, and other types of available designs on the market. With its endless list of styles, you can select the one that best suits your home layout.
- Good Air Ventilation: Proper circulation of air is necessary for a good night's sleep. This type of bed frame provides just that. This is because the bed has a distance between the slats, ensuring that air circulates appropriately for a good night's sleep.
- Extra Features: Some platform bed wood frames have additional features to enable users get the best. Such extra features include storage compartments. This is especially handy if you have space constraints.
With this, you can store some of your extra possessions inside the bed. This allows you to maximize space. It's a dual-purpose bed frame that will enable you to have a bed and a storage box simultaneously.
- Low Height: Generally, most platform beds are closer to the ground than regular beds. This might pose some problems to older adults with medical conditions such as lower back and knee complications.
So, if you are having a difficult time bending over before getting into bed, then a traditional bed is more suitable for you.
- Difficult to move around: Its solid and no-bending structure, while making it sturdy, also poses a challenge in movement. This type of bed base is so strong that it is almost impossible to move it around.
It has a large-size finish that makes it difficult to lift, especially when you have to walk up the stairs or across narrow hallways.
- Lack of space underneath: These bed structures are too low and close to the ground with no space underneath, unlike traditional bed frames, which are high and have lots of space beneath.
Therefore, you won't have room to hide your books. But since there are platform beds with storage compartments, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
You deserve to sleep like royalty and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Wood platform bed frames are just what you need for this. They are designed for mattresses that do not require a spring, including latex beds and memory foams.
You have nothing to lose but more refreshing bedtime to gain when you choose the perfect bed frame for you!